Al-Naafiysh (The Soul)by Hashim
You're Gonna Get Yours Dub/Terminator X Getaway Version
The Adventures Of Grandmaster Flash On The Wheels Of Steel
To Live in New York (by Yella)
Funky Song (by Low Profile)
Genres I play:Hip Hop, R&B, and just about everything else
Tools of trade: Stanton and Numark mixers,Technics 1210, CD Player: Numark CDMix, Technics SL-DZ1200
Amplifier: Carver, QSC, Crown
Headphone and Mic: Sony & Shure SM58
My Experience:Mobile Disc Jockey Experience
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Provided disc jockey services for various clubs, events, concerts, etc. Including but not limited to
A Day in Eden,
The Black Family Reunion,
A Day in Madisonville,
The Best of the Best Talent Show,
Jello's Night Club,
The GodFather Lounge,
Frankie's Lounge (Brandys),
Mr. Kelly's, Skippers (Oasis and/or The Ritz),
and many others.
I Worked on various promotional projects for Checquers Night Club inside the Hampshire House Hotel (http://checquers.tripod.com), Jazz in the Park (http://jazzinthepark.tripod.com), the 2005 Halloween Costume Jam (http://halloweencostumejam.tripod.com), the Allnet Softball Valentine's Day Dance (http://allnetsoftballdance.tripod.com), etc.
* Recognized in City Beat (http://www.citybeat.com) for dj achievements.
* Entertainment coordinator for the American Cancer Society Relay for Life event at
Princeton High School, Cincinnati, OH USA.
* Selected to judge and provided equipment for The Bearcast 2006 DJ Battle.
* Received KISS FM London England letter of Mix Approval
* Obtained Radio/Television Broadcasting Management Arts Degree from Southern Ohio
College, Cinti., OH.
* Day in Eden media spokesman for local public access television and host of Day in Eden
kickoff on Fountain Square in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio.
* Judge for Diamond in Ruff Battle of the Beats 2005 and host fort the 2004 Passthemic.com
* Stage manager for multiple stages at the Juneteenth Celebrations within Daniel Drake
* Created website (http://www.ButchGibson.com) with an in studio webcam, video
conferencing, and live chat to allow additional 'online' radio station listener
* Started on-air the "Lockdown Line" and the "Flavor Pager" phone
segments- to allow additional 'on air' listener interaction.
* Selected as member of The Source (http://www.thesource.com) 5-Mic Council
* Obtained Platinum Sales Awards.
* Created the WAIF Audio Collage album project.
* Member of the Board of Trustees of the Parent company Stepchild Radio of Cincinnati.
* Obtained FCC Operator's Permit.
* Junior Achievement Job Shadow Award - Presented for representing Entex Information
Services (now Siemens Business Services) to visiting eighth graders from Roselawn Condon
* Award for Community Service - Presented for Community Service presented by Bond Hill
School Students and Staff.
* Appreciation Award - Presented in recognition of dedicated and valuable service to the
Woodward High School Ensemble
* Golden Skates DJ Battle Championship Winner.
* Midwestern Regional Black Family Reunion Certificate of Appreciation received the first
year of participation in 1989
and selected to provide and run sound for the Black Family Reunion parade since the year
Butch Gibson from Cincinnati Ohio USA